Make Friends, Have Fun, Be Well
Since 1991, Le‘ahi Adult Day Health Center has opened its doors to adults in need living in the community.
Le‘ahi Adult Day Health Center is a program designed to enable our participants to enrich their lives and to maintain their independence, dignity, and self esteem while providing respite and support for caregivers.
- To keep our participants as healthy, happy, and independent as possible by providing a safe, supportive, and stimulating environment
- To provide support to caregivers as well as the individual
- To encourage a partnership with the participant, caregivers, physician, and the Day Health Center staff in an effort to maintain the dignity and quality-of-life of the participant.
- Social and recreational/therapeutic activities
- Creative activities
- Health observation, monitoring, and nursing care
- Administration or supervision of medications including insulin injections
- Wound care, dressing changes, and oxygen needs
- Nutritious lunch and snacks for regular or modified diet(s), including tube feeding
- Individualized plan of care
- Community referrals and resources
- Bathing services available at additional charge
Our specially trained and caring staff include:
- Social Worker
- Recreational Therapist
- Licensed Nurses
- Certified Nurse’s Aides
- 18 years of age or older
- Determined to need ICF care by private physician
- Possess the strength and endurance to participate in an activity program
- Able to partial weight bear during transfers
- Willing to strive for a higher level of independence
- Willing to attend
Leahi Hospital, First Floor
3675 Kilauea Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816
Across from Kapi‘olani Community College
Monday to Friday 7:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Closed Sundays and all State Holidays
For more information and to request an application; call: 808-733-7955 or download an application here.